Project Cargo Summit 2023
Strong demand for a reshaped supply chain
Pushed by geopolitical tensions, sustainability issues, digitalisation and demand drivers, market players have had to adapt their sourcing strategies. Project Cargo Summit 2023 was all about managing digital, political and environmental demands. Thank you for joining us!
On 6-7 September 2023, Project Cargo Summit 2023 brought the project cargo and break bulk industry in Bremen, Germany for two days full of content and networking. This year the summit was organised simultaneously with RailFreight Connects, an event catered towards the rail freight industry and port operators. Participants of both events met on several occasions and could attend breakout sessions of both events.
During the programme of Project Cargo Summit, we discussed the following topics:
- Container market gets monopolized: what does this mean?
- Green opportunities: how can we benefit from the increasing demand for new energy like hydrogen and wind?
- Rates, project pricing and market volatility
- How to meet up with the environmental regulations with the current fleet
- Designing the sustainable vessel of the future
- Cranability of trailers
- Does friendshoring mark the end of the global supply chain?
- How to work with the current sanctions on Russia
- Port congestion and labor shortage
Infographic: The latest project cargo facts & figures
How much more hydrogen development can the supply chains handle? Will the design of vessels focus on lifting capacity, flexibility, efficiency, and carbon footprint reduction? What will be the fuel of the future? Which direction does the vessel design go in, and how does the tech around these vessels develop?
In the run-up to the Project Cargo Summit 2023, we gathered some of the latest project cargo facts and figures into a free downloadable infographic.
Project Cargo Summit 2023 was made possible by